You are here
Meditation for beginners
It's not just a hippie thing anymore, it's great for reducing stress and can help you sleep.
Feeling agitated? On edge? Here's an easy way to calm down, meditation in a few basic steps:
- Sit somewhere quiet.
- Straighten your back but don’t make it rigid.
- Gaze straight ahead. Now, watch your thoughts come and go.
- Don't try to stop thinking, but don’t encourage thought either.
- After a while it'll feel like you're watching a river, and the flow should be as smooth.
- A few minutes of this will make you feel calm and will provide an organic pleasure.
If you find yourself getting sleepy, lift your gaze. If you can't stop your thoughts, try to concentrate on nothing but breathing in and out.
We're by no means hippies, but this stuff actually does help to clear your mind and reduce anxiety and agression. Even if you do it for only 5 minutes you'd be amazed at the effect it can have on you. If this absolutely won't work for you then I'm sure you can find something else that has close to the same effect that involves some kleenex and one of your hands ;)